I have recently gained a great fishing platform.
The Hobie Pro Angler kayak is known for its stability that in turn lends the craft perfectly to the art of stand-up kayak fishing.
It gives you the advantage of being able to better sight fish the sandy shallows as well as to be able to use a fly rod.
All in all, from the limited trips I have had since purchasing it, the PA is certainly a far cry from the Viking Tempo that was my go to craft for serious fishing.
The only major drawback is that of the weight issue.
These craft are HEAVY and you must be sure that you are prepared to make allowances for this.
For all the specs on the PA and the complete range of Hobie Kayaks visit
Since getting this craft, I have complete several modifications to better suit my style of fishing.
Completed Modifications include the following:
- Lowrance Fish Finder installed
- GPS Installed
- Anchor Trolley
- Live Tank
- Navigational lights including ‘At Anchor’ light.
- H-Bar installed
- Camera mount created, modified and installed
I have also made some modifications to the trailer:
- Raised and relocated the number plate and tail lights
- Added 2 Rhino tool boxes for storage of kayak equipment such as tackle and fittings.
Here a couple of shots
Some of these mods will be listed as D.I.Y projects at a later date.